Summer Days… Slipping Away
Good morning! It’s been quite a while since I have updated here, and the summer is now almost over! We are certainly ready to get back to business as usual (and kids back to school!). We have lots of things coming up and going on!
Classes and Workshops
Classes have been on hold for most of the summer, but now we are creeping back to the regular schedule and will have classes resuming. On the calendar for August-September:
- Fermentation 101: Kombucha and Kraut ($30, registration required) Hands on kraut class with kombucha first ferment demo. Includes kombucha starter (SCOBY).
- Fermentation 102: Second Ferments ($12, registration required) Flavoring kombucha and getting it fizzy.
- Fermentation 201: Spice it up! ($12 registration required) Learn how to make Kimchi!
- Making Milk (FREE): Learn how to make your own nut and coconut milks free of all the additives at home!
- Amazing Bone Broth (FREE): Learn the benefits of healing bone broth, sample some prepared in store and learn how to make it yourself.
- Gluten-free Baking Basics ($10 registration required): Learn about how gluten-free flours work and react to other baking materials. Participants will blend a small batch of flour for home use.
- Grain-free Baking Basics ($10, registration required): Learn how grain-free flours work and react in baking and take home a batch to start grain-free baking .
- Whole Foods Freezer Meal Workshop ($25.00, registration required): Complete a week of healthy meals for you and your family in just a few hours. Spice blends are included for the workshop and grocery list will be distributed prior to class.
- AIP Freezer Meal Workshop ($25.00, registration required): Complete a week of healthy AIP (Autoimmune Protocol Approved) meals for you and your family in just a few hours. Spice blends are included for the workshop and grocery list will be distributed prior to class.
Starting almost a year ago, we introduced our cupcakes with our First Friday celebrations: Corks and Cupcakes. Each First Friday we host Roger’s Ford Winery and sample the latest cupcake flavors. Up until this point we have release 2-3 new flavors a month, but that is about to change. Each week starting Sept 1, we will be doing weekly cupcake flavors. Always available will be the standards, chocolate and vanilla, but now there will be new options each week!
If you follow us on social media, you may have seen some cakes we posted lately. Starting September 1, we will begin to take custom cake orders! We do standard cakes (sheet, ¼ sheet, round etc.) as well as sculpted cakes. To get information about scheduling and pricing, shoot us an email at email@example.com
At Kickshaws all of our sweet treats are always vegan and dedicated gluten-free. That is right, no worries about cross contamination at any point in our baking. Additionally, while our kitchen is not nut-free, we are peanut free.
Pancake (and French Toast!) Breakfast
We are working towards the getting things going for Kickshaws Kitchen. We are hoping to break ground soon and to continue to give everyone a taste of what Kickshaws Kitchen will offer, we will be doing our Gluten-free Pancake Breakfasts EVERY SATURDAY through September! Join us Saturdays, 9-11am for a platter of 3 pancakes (or 2 french toast) and two sides. We hope to see you there!